- Contestants must be residents of Albany, Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Jefferson, Lewis, Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, St. Lawrence, Warren, or Washington Counties.
- The competition is open to instrumentalists in grades 7 through 12. This includes Woodwinds, Brass, Strings, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, and Harp.
- Contestants must be prepared to play a piece or movement from the Repertoire List FROM MEMORY. The length of the work is limited to 15 minutes or one movement. Please click here for the Repertoire List.
- Contestants must audition live on Zoom. A link will be emailed to all applicants one week prior to the event.
- Contestants must submit a pdf of their audition piece (solo part and piano reduction or score) by email to email@example.com one week before the competition.
- At the discretion of the judges, contestants may be interrupted or subjected to time restrictions.
- The decision of the judges is final, and the judges reserve the right not to award any level of the prizes.
- The competition will take place live via Zoom, the link to be emailed to each participant one week in advance of the event, with a specific audition time. Participants will be in a "waiting room" until admitted to the live Zoom session.
- Due to the pandemic, the First Place winner will be invited to perform, if possible, with the Orchestra of Northern New York at a future date.
- Second & Third Place winners will be mailed a check in the amount of his/her cash prize.
- All screenshots taken and photos submitted are the property of The Orchestra of Northern New York, and may be used for publicity purposes without compensation.
- Entries must be post-marked by January 29, 2021. No late entries will be accepted. Each entry must include:
A. Completed Application/Teacher Certification Form. Only complete forms will be considered. Click here for the application.
B. Non-refundable application fee of $50 made payable to: The Orchestra of Northern New York.
C. Electronic file of photo and 100-word bio
D. A pdf of required music.
Email completed application and ALL required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail them to:
ONNY Young Artists Competition
P.O. Box 488
Potsdam, NY 13676