Instrumentalists & Vocalists in Grades 5-12 are invited to participate in Improv Sessions with ONNY Musician! Express your feelings through music by creating a 1-2 minute improvisation using the backing track provided, then receive personal feedback from ONNY musicians.
Coordinated by: Amalio Pratti, ONNY Charter Member and Bass; Director of Orchestras for Massena Central Schools
Follow these steps to participate:
- Watch the video above to get started.
- Then your parent or guardian must fill out and submit the consent form for you to have permission to participate in Improv Sessions with ONNY Musicians. You can mail this form to us or scan a copy and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After we receive and process your consent form, we will contact you with instructions for recording and submitting your improvisations. Please do not send us your recordings until we confirm receipt of your consent form and provide directions for submissions.
- Each month, there will be a new backing track for you to improvise over and share with ONNY musicians. See below for the latest backing track.
Latest Backing Track and Lesson
Once we process your consent form, we will contact you with instructions for recording your improvisation using this backing track.
February 2021 Backing Track
February 2021 Lesson
November 2020 Backing Track
November 2020 Lesson
October 2020 Backing Track
October 2020 Lesson
Improv Sessions Sponsors
ONNY is supported in part by NYSCA, a state agency, with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature.
Additional generaous support provided by:
- Gary and Kimberly Busch
- Gary and Mary Ellen Morgan
- Tim and Jill Savage