- Participants must be residents of Albany, Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Jefferson, Lewis, Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, St. Lawrence, Warren, or Washington Counties.
- The Challenge is open to instrumentalists and vocalists in Grades 7 – 12.
- Students must submit an application, complete with teacher(s) recommendation to be considered for the recital. The selected work must be from the current NYSSMA Manual, Level 5 or 6. Memorization is NOT required.
- Participants must submit a copy of their music with their application.
- All photos submitted and taken the day of the event are the property of The Orchestra of Northern New York and may be used for publicity purposes without compensation.
- Applications must be postmarked by Saturday, April 1, 2023. No late entries will be accepted. Each complete application must include:
- Application form, including student and teacher certifications.
- A selection from the current NYSSMA Manual, Level 5 or 6.
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 payable to “ONNY.”
- An electronic copy of applicant’s photo
- 100-word bio
- A pdf of your music
NOTE: Email completed application and all required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail them to: ONNY, Challenge for Young Artists, PO Box 488, Potsdam, NY 13676.